Throwing my Hat in the Ring
Oh how wonderful it would be to see my work published! I’d love someone out there in the world to open up a book and see something I photographed with my name close by!
One of my former photography professors is creating an organic cookbook. She’s asking for students to enter their food photography with accompanying recipes for a chance at being included.
Here is my entry! My fingers are crossed that I get accepted.
Quick and Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup
Photo by Christina Brunk
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Eden Organic Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Swanson Organic Chicken Broth
1 (16 ounce) can Eden Organic Pinto Beans
1 (16 ounce) can of Hominy
1/2 cup Corn (fresh, frozen or canned organic)
1 1/2 cups cooked Free Range Certified 100% Organic Chicken Breasts, shredded
2 teaspoons fresh organic Cilantro, chopped
Casa Sanchez Organic Tortilla Chips
Organic Valley Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
Organic avocado, sliced
1. Combine tomatoes, broth, beans, hominy and corn in medium saucepan.
2. Stir together and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce and bring to a simmer, add chicken and heat through.
4. Turn off heat and stir in cilantro.
5. Top each bowl of soup with cheese and crushed tortilla chips (optional: add avocado slices to top)